Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Colton turns 2

Let me just talk for a minute about our cute lil' (well, not so little- he's a bit of a beast) Colton. He's now a big brother and LOVING it! I was a little worried how he'd do with the baby, but he literally squeals and giggles in glee whenver he sees her and yells "BWEEE" (his word for baby/McKinley I guess). He is constantly trying to cover her all over with kisses. When he doesn't see her he's asking where she is. It really is so sweet! I think he's going to do well at protecting her, but for now we kinda have to protect her FROM him and all his "enthusiastic" adoration.
Colton would try to jump in the swing with baby if he could.

The sweetest big brothers lovin' on their baby sister





So now Colton is offically a big two-year old. For his actual birthday we were prety low key. He got his favorite spaghetti dinner and wore his favorite hat of the day (he's really into hats lately).


Patiently awaiting to open all his loot.


I guess you could probably call this birthday the Buzz and Woody birthday - his current obsession! It helps that there's Toy Story stuff everywhere you look in the stores now.

Some of his most favorite presents


He got a sad little pan of brownies for his real birthday, but I tried to make up for it later....


We threw him a little party at the park with some friends and I attempted to make my first fondant cake. Cakes and I have a rocky relationship, but I gave it a go and made this rocket ship with some advice from my friend Callie the cake master. Buzz seemed too daunting, so I thought maybe a rocket ship would be the easy way out. Easy isn't exactly what I'd call it (for me anyway), but it was a good learning experience. I also tried to make the cupcakes look like the little green men from Toy Story. It was fun and Colton seemed to like it all.


He especially enjoyed being sung to by so many people :)


That's McKinley's sweet little head sticking out on my chest, if you couldn't figure it out



Diggin in' and makin' a mess with his friend Laraleigh

Colton loving all the great gifts he recieved (completely unnecessarily) from our generous friends. Thanks everyone!















1 comment:

Callie said...

You are far too humble, Alyssa! I think the cake turned out fabulous, and with your first try no less!! Seriously, it looked really cute! I wish we could have been there, it looked fun! :)