Friday, March 2, 2012

November 2011

Alright, it's been 4 months or so - time to catch up!   At the beginning of November, we started it off by surprising Tyler & Lexi and taking them to Lion King the musical.  Looking back I really don't know how we pulled it off.  We somehow had to get Lexi & Tyler out of school (it was a matinee), dressed up and to drive to Denver without Colton and McKinley with us and without them getting too suspicious.  I think we told them we had some family pictures we wanted to take in Denver, that's why they had to dress up, but you 'd think they'd start to wonder when Colton & McKinley weren't with us.  Anyway, they didn't figure out what was going on until we were just about to walk into the theater.  And then to our surprise, there were two families we were good friends with sitting directly behind us. 
 

It was magical!! Although, I don't think we'd be able to surprise them again with a show in Denver- they're on to our schemes.  I think this show is like constant eye candy.  There are so many amazing and creative costumes everywhere you look and the music is glorious!  We also are so thankful to our good friend Katie Clifford for watching our little munchkins while we went and did this!

 Our quick post-show dinner! 


In November Lexi started this little basketball challenge where she played a few games after school over the course of the month.  It was a great introduction to the game for her.  Basketball is the favorite sport for Nate & I (and grandad & uncles etc. etc.)  We hope our kids will learn to love it and play it often. 
 There was also an arts contest for the school district that Lexi chose to participate in and there was a little ceremony at school for everyone to highlight their work.  There are some talented kids at that school!



Nathan finished rebuilding our shower in November and here it is.  We found this cool shower heard you can pull out, so it's kind of like a dual shower head.  We're definitely enjoying all his effort.
 I decided to run in this year's turkey trot 5K.  It was good motivation to try to stay fit going into the holidays.  Luckily, the weather was great!  For this race, you had to make a guess as to what you finishing time would be and whoever got closest to their estimation won.  I ran this race about a minute faster than my last, so I was quite pleased - but I was way off of my guess. 
 After the race, they randomly picked a few people's numbers and they got "door prizes".  I was one of those lucky people and won some banana bread - Woo hoo!  Also my sweet family came and surprised me again and met me at the finish line (hence the pictures).


One day I found McKinley playing with the phone and she was having such a lovely little conversation with no one.  It was SOO cute! I  had to take video too. Fast forward four months and she's talking a ton more, quite clearly.  She's also singing a lot and it melts my heart every single day!!




 Some "wrestle" time with daddy.  Actually I think he might have actually been sleeping in this picture :)
 Cuddle time with daddy... and he's close to sleeping :)
 My lovebugs!
 Here's a little clip of Lexi's first game...

We also stayed at home for the holidays for the first time, well ever.  Although we missed our families greatly, it was nice to have a quieter, relaxing celebration at home.  We were able to spend Thanksgiving with our good friends the Bass family.  It was a nice little feast.

No comments: