Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Running, Kicking, Singing

 In April I ran my second official 5K which I know is next to nothing for so many, but again for me it's quite a challenge.  Anyway I ran it with a few friends this time (actually we all started at different times because it was called the tortoise and the hare race).  About 2/3 into it, I was struggling and really slowing down even more (if that's possible) and then I looked off to the side of the course and saw kids that looked like mine.  I got a little closer and discovered they were mine!  Nate had brought all the kids as a surprise to me to cheer me on.  It was SUCH a great surprise and totally when I needed it the most.  I ended up picking up the pace & finishing at a better time than I had before, so I was pleased.  I have such a sweet family!!




Tyler started soccer back at the end of March.  This year he had a coach that was a little more serious about it & really worked them hard and had a lot of practices.  I think overall it was good for them though.  Tyler really improved over those several weeks.  The stinky thing about the season was that during pretty much every practice & game - the weather was stinky!  VERY WINDY or rainy or sleeting, sometimes even snowing.  CRAZY!  But the kids were all troopers & seemed to still have fun.


If you look closely in this shot, it's snowing!!  In MAY!!  See the one lonely girl on the team, she was so cute :) 
 Go Galaxy!! (Tyler's team)

 Still snowing!


Tyler had a pretty good arm, so he usually threw the ball in

All bundled (in May) up to watch big brother Tyler


The whole kindergarten class put on a little concert at school.  The theme was (can you guess? ) "It's a Jungle Out There".  Most kids wore costumes.  Good thing gramma & grandad had sent some cute masks & tails recently, otherwise I would have had to be sew something (which I try desperately to avoid).
 The girl in the leppard costume is Tyler's "special friend who's a girl" :)

 Some of the not so lazy moms put together some really awesome homemade costumes. There's a yak in the background (above).  And check out this toucan, totally hand-done with felt...


Tyler's seriously into his music :)
They all did a great job & memorized A LOT of songs.  It made me kinda miss my teaching days.

No comments: