Friday, October 28, 2011

Our summer trip to AZ


At the end of July we drove to AZ (I know probably the worst time of year to go), but it was worth it to spend time with family and friends.  When we first got there, all my family met at the temple to try to take a few family pictures. You know this crazy crew above, but this much better behaved good looking family below is my brother Aaron's family.

Man I love these kiddos!!!

The ladies.  I swear my mom almost looks younger than I do.

Sneaking a kiss in front of the place where it all began - the Mesa temple.


We also got to go up and spend a few days in my parent's Prescott house (where it's much cooler).  Here's the kids and some of their Butler cousins.

They all painted a rock to dress up the drive way.

McKinley decided to paint Gramma Suzie instead :)

Silly time with Grandad (which happens a lot!!)

This house is also dubbed "The Tree House" - can you see why?

Don't mess with this crew....they're dangerous with their cute hats & straw "guns" ;)!!

Can't pass up an opportunity to snuggle with Gramma & a book.


My littles & my friend's Kristen girls, all close in age.  Admiring the pool on a hot, hot day.

There is this great little dinner theater just down the street from my parent's house.  Cinderella was showing, so I went on a date with Lexi & Tyler and my friend Kristen & her daughter Maddy.

TJ with some of the courtsmen

Having a grand ol' time.

 

Such a pretty mother/ daughter pair!!

Waiting for the show to start.

While in AZ, we had a lot of opportunity to play in the water.  One day, Kristen & I took the kids to this great spray park.  There were these water guns that Tyler had a blast with for sure!

This picture turned out pretty cool with Colton's blue eyes.

Lexi was really great about taking care of McKinley while we were there.


My little beauties.  I LOVE McKinley's bumble bee suit.



We also spent a lot of hours in my parent's pool.  But one of the neatest things we did was take Lexi, Tyler & Colton along with my brothers family & my dad to Sunsplash (a huge water park in Mesa).  Nate & I had both been to this waterpark countless times as youth, but it's changed so much since we've last been there.  They had some crazy scary things now & the best part - Lexi & Tyler did ALL of them, even the one I was too chicken to go on.  They had like a toilet bowl slide we all went on individually without a raft, where after a long steep slide down you go around & around like being flushed. Then eventually drop through the hole in the middle into a deep pool (usually VERY disoriented).  There was also a raft slide that looked like a huge taco shell, where you basically drop straight down, then with the momentum go up the other side.  I was so proud of my kids.  Even Colton went on a few scary slides with Nate.  I wish I was able to get pictures, but it's not very smart to tote around a camera on water slides :) 

No comments: