Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy Birthday McKinley! & other events of April 2012

 Ms. Cutie-Pants is 2!! (has been for a while now)

For McKinley's cake, I decided to make a cake looking like her favorite thing to cuddle...her "wuh-wuh".  It was convenient that I had some left over black and white fondant in the freezer from Lexi's birthday cake ;)
 I was able to whip this one out quickly as well.  Far from perfect, but I'm getting better.
 
Present time!

 
This is her "stink" face.  We sure love this little girl and all her many expressions.  She's spunky!!  She's a smart little cookie and brings us all so much joy.  I love how she says "I wanna hold you"  when she wants me to pick her up.  Her favorite show is Dora (ai-yai-yai), so you can often hear her say (or yell) "Wiper, no WIPING!!!"  (instead of "Swiper , no swiping").  She does it complete with hand gestures and she often does it towards strangers.  You can imagine the reactions we get - priceless!
 
 
Happy Easter!  The Saturday morning baskets (Easter Bunny always delivers by Sat. morning in our house).
 Now for the egg hunt...


 The joy of confetti eggs.
 
 
In April,  I went out of town for a few days to Arizona for my cousin's wedding.  While I was gone Daddy kept the kids busy with lots of fun activities, like hiking and picnics &
  dinners of champions :) Hey, they're not complaining.  Good job, daddy!


At the beginning of the year, Tyler started a break dance class that was so much fun to watch.  He really did improve a lot.  Here's the beginning of a back spin.
 
Here's the cool pose when they're done with their routine.  Don't mess with these guys!


No comments: