Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lexi is 9!! Nathan is ....??

 I might be 6 months late, but I'm finally getting around to posting about some special birthdays.  Here's Ms. Lexi on her 9th b-day. 
 This year she got to have a party with friends and she wanted to do a music theme.  So I played with fondant once again (although I don't have a great relationship with it) to try to make a music note cake.   It ended up cooperating quite nicely- yay! 

 Piggin' out on pizza at her pajama dance party.
 All the girls playing "Just Dance" on the Wii - so cute!
 I guess she was excited about that present
 Hooray!
 What's a party without a little twister?
 
 
A few days later, it was Nathan's turn to be birthday boy.  Although not as much "hoop-la", he's still just as special!
 
 What's a birthday without .....pants??!!
 Daddy's ice cream cake, I guess McKinley wasn't fond of it.



Here's the annual school art show that impresses me every year.  I wish you could have seen what some of the older grades did.  Wow!  Lexi's picture is the one in the middle with the sidewalk.
 
Tyler's picture is the top middle

 
This was one of Tyler's writing examples that was hanging on the wall from the beginning of the year.  I think it's funny because he doesn't have a cat or a dirt bike.  And he doesn't actually even like cats either.  Haha :)
 
 Lexi joined the school choir this year.  They only had one performance and they were joined with all the other elementary school choirs  and one middle school choir in the district. 
 Can you tell Lexi's choir did a pirate song? :)
 The lovely singer!

No comments: