Friday, January 11, 2013

September 2012

A recap of our September includes the famous balloon festival on Labor Day.  It was our first time going to the lift-off.  I'm shocked at how many people come to see them that early in the morning.  It was really neat to watch the process of getting them in the air.



 The kids' favorite was the Smokey the Bear balloon.


Another important thing that happened in September was that I got lasik surgery on my eyes.  It was (and is) great!  These were the awesome eye shields I got to wear at night for a week.


I can't get this pic to flip, but they're my cutie ballerinas.

A family bike ride on a lovely autumn's day

Diva!!


Colton took a crack at soccer in the fall.  He wasn't that into it, but still entertained us with his antics.



We also finally decided to check out the Big Cat Sanctuary out in Calhan.  It was really neat.  It's a place for lions, tigers and other "big cats" to call home after their previous owners couldn't take of them anymore.  A lot of these animals were in the entertainment industry, like circuses or even movies.  There were some beautiful animals there.
 I wonder if that Tiger is looking at us, thinking "Lunch!"  ?

This lioness lying on the platform behind Tyler was one of the lions in the movie "Second Hand Lions"

You can't quite tell, but behind Colton and I, lying in the shade, is a tiger on his back spread eagle totally relaxed.  It was fun to see.

Cutest little tiger cub


Here kitty kitty!  Not a whole lot between us and that lion....

No comments: