Thursday, February 3, 2011

Our busy & fun October

Looking back, October was pretty crammed with events, but it was a lot of fun with great weather!

One event was something I never thought I'd do- run a  5K.  I realize this is not a big deal for most people. But for me who has absolutely loathed running for most of my life, it was a big accomplishment.  My friends Mel & Rochelle helped encourage me and even trained with me by running crazy early in the morning.  Anyway, it was kind of fun & I plan to do atleast one more in 2011.  I didn't have a very fast time, but I never stopped.  Rochelle & her awesome daughter Emma Lee had great times though.


We had a fun family night at a local gymnastics gym & Colton had a ball in the foam pit.  We could barely get him out.

Our first attempt at feeding McKinley solids.  You can see how it went over.  We were a little slow getting to it, I guess it was our attempt to keep her a baby forever.

I love how this sweet baby just radiates joy!!


Cute, cute Lexi with her new braces & glasses.  Can you believe she's almost 8? She's growing up way too fast.


During October, we  went to a great place at the base of Garden of the Gods called Rockledge Ranch.  It's an old settlers' village that they have kept in tact, with everyone dressed in period clothes.   Here was Buttercup the cow.

Lexi also had field day at school , She's a ferocious tiger (before the braces).

Back to Rock Ledge...

 Colton learning how to press apples for cider.  It took quite a bit of muscle power

Our family had another outing to a pumpkin patch out in the middle of no where.

  Conquering the hay pryramid
 Hay ride (it was quite windy that day)
 Awesome hay slides
 There was also a little hay maze.  In summary....there was a lot of hay :)
  Selecting the perfect pumpkin


To celebrate Halloween we went to an event at Garden of the Gods where they had a costume contest.  To our surprise, McKinley won for the babies to 3 yr. old group.  Her costume wasn't all that impressive, but I think it was the enormous smile she gave the judges as we passed them that won them over.  Still we were proud of our lil' monkey!

The next day at our church's Trunk-or-Treat...  Here's Lexi & her friend Avery.
Apparently Cleopatra was a popular costume choice this year. 

Our friend Josey (an former co-worker of Nate's) & her family came with us this year.  McKinley & her little boy Connor were born just a couple weeks a part.

The rest of the fam.  Nate wore his fake tattoos & basketball duds, spiked his hair & went as an NBA player.  His little ensemble actually caused a bit of a stir.

Ending the month with one of my favorite pictures...just horsin' around with daddy :)

1 comment:

Jarad said...

I think it is funny that we both appear to have the same shirts on at the 5K and the Incline. I have the same shirt on.