Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tyler's 6th Birthday!!

Wow!  Can't believe my sweet Tyler is 6 already!  He's such a genuine, compassionate, loving kid. We're so blessed to have him in our family. 

Here he is anxiously awaiting the present opening...

This year he got to have an official birthday party.  Can you guess where he wanted to go???
Surprise!!  Never saw that one coming, huh?  We only go to Chuck E. Cheese EVERY year for a birthday, but we've never had an official party there.  It actually worked out great.  He only had a few friends come, but they all had a blast.


This was my translation of a transformer cake.  That's what Tyler really wanted & all the ideas I saw on-line intimidated me too much, atleast right now.  So Nate just suggested I printout an image and take it to the bakery & have them print it on rice paper.  So that's what we did.  Even though this seemed like it would be the easiest cake I've ever made, sadly, it still proved to be a challenge for me.  I'm not sure I've mentioned before how much cake & I aren't friends.  Atleast the making of cakes....eating them is a different story.  Anyway, here's the result (after a couple attempts).


I swear the boys had more fun than it looks:)



 The hit of the night...the Ticket Blaster!  This was so much fun, It's like in a game show where you're in a booth & money flies all around & you have to grab as much as you can.  This time it was tickets instead of money, but they had some bigger coupons in there that were worth 50 or 100 tickets.  Tyler was smart & stepped on all the big ones right before the fans turned on, so he ended up with around 500 tickets- 'atta' boy!

No comments: