Thursday, February 3, 2011

September review (just a few months behind)


So one of my goals for the year was to try to keep up with my blog a little better, even if it's just for myself :)  I know most of this might not be very interesting for most of you, but it's my form of a family journal right now, so bare with me.  I realized I hadn't written in here since early Sept. - so here's some highlights from the rest of the month...

My good friend Rochelle has a baby girl named Elizabeth that was born about 3 weeks after McKinley.  We discovered by accident they had the same outfit, so we obviously had to get a picture of them in it.  It took a while, but we finally made it happen.


 Here's McKinley trying to beat Elizabeth up :)

McKinley at 5 months:
 Lovin' her new exersaucer

If any of you know Nate, you know he's just a little bit of a fan of U of A (major understatement!!!).  When I found out I was having a girl when I was pregnant with Lexi- I bought this little dress when we were visiting Tucson.  It was Nate's favorite, he even wanted to get professional pictures of Lexi in it.  This time around with McKinley (out "Little Wildcat Princess" II) , we had to settle for pictures taken by mommy.



After taking the suggestion from our incredibly fit friend Mel, my friend Rochelle and I braved it up the incline (the old Cog Railway) in Manitou Springs.  After realizing we had hiked the wrong trail for a REALLY long time, we finally made it to the crazy steep part.  Great views, but we quickly agreed the climb... kinda sucked.  I felt like I might plummet to my death at any moment.  I'm also a klutz so I don't trust myself.  Hey, but other than that- I highly recommend it to anyone else :)

We tried really hard to put on a happy face while we took pictures, to trick everyone.

We made it.  I know many people who hike this often, some every week, but I can't say I'll be one of those people.

1 comment:

Jarad said...

The reddness of my face is proof that it was hard work! :) I miss you!